The board button battery supplies power to the motherboard bios when the motherboard is not powered. The motherboard bios records the basic loading information of the system hardware and the system time. If the motherboard button battery is not powered, the system time will be restored to the factory default setting time.
Although the button battery on the motherboard occupies a small space on the motherboard, the problem it causes should not be underestimated. The button battery on the main board is insufficiently powered, and the following situations generally occur:
1. The date and time of the system will automatically change, and there will be situations that cannot be changed. (In this case, there may be a virus caused)
2. After booting, you need to press the F2 key to enter the system.
3. Press the power button, the computer has no response, but the power light on the chassis shows that the motherboard is powered on.
4. The settings in bois are automatically restored to the factory state.
If the above situation occurs, it is generally required to replace the motherboard button battery.
The following describes how to replace the motherboard button battery, taking a desktop computer as an example. Refer to the notebook, it is best to ask professionals to overhaul.
1. With the help of a screwdriver, open one side cover of the case and lay the case flat. Some cases are card sub-cards, so pay attention to observation.
2. Find the button battery, just like the name, the battery is the size of a button. In the picture above, the button battery is in the red range.
3. Use a small flat tool to lightly press the clip in the red range above, and press it outwards and downwards, and the button battery will pop out. Remove the coin cell battery.
4. Put the new button battery into the battery slot and press it down gently with your hands. Generally, you will hear a slight "click" sound, indicating that the battery is installed properly. When installing the battery, the logo should face outwards, as shown in the second step above.
5. After the button battery is installed correctly, change the system time in the system. Or press the DEL key on the keyboard after starting up, enter the time setting in bois. As shown in the red area below. Set the date and time, generally press the keyboard F10 key to save, restart the computer.
1. The button battery must be lightly pressed when removing and installing to avoid damage to the motherboard or battery slot.
2, button batteries can be purchased in computer stores or large supermarkets.
3. Some computers cannot change the date and time in the system because of the control of the motherboard settings, and must be modified in bois.
4. If the computer fails to boot after booting, consider that the button battery is not installed properly, repeat steps 3-4 or lightly press the button battery until the button battery is installed..